Wednesday, October 24, 2018

FOUR DAYS FROM MCM

Quick update! Good news - the weather forecast has improved significantly since last check in. Wohoo! The rain appears to be shifting to hitting earlier, with the area getting close to an inch on Friday on the latest forecast. Saturday actually looks pretty dry, some showers in the morning and then clearing. And then race day Sunday we have partly sunny skies with some showers later in the evening. Right now it looks perfect! 48 at race start and 55 when I should be finishing.

I just completed my last run before the marathon. Three miles at an easy pace. On Monday I did four miles at an easy pace. I can already feel the recovery in my legs from the taper. They feel pretty fresh! I think by race day, with three additional days of no running, they'll be primed and ready for the race. Feel pretty confident about that! The part I don't necessarily feel confident about... finishing strong without much issue going at an aggressive pace. However, that's always the question in a marathon! I *am* confident I can go out there and give it my best shot.

My plane takes off tomorrow morning - direct to DC thankfully! My next post will be the race review complete with my goals. Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment