Friday, May 19, 2006

I've been meaning to write because it is so bloody hot.

On Monday temperatures hit 92 degrees here in Corvallis, more than shattering the previous record of 86. It was HOT. At first it was kinda like, "awesome, summer is here!" but then you get back to the dorm room and it's like eighty degrees in there. And then you walk to your classes and are sweaty and hot by the time you get there. And then all your classes are stuffy and hot. And then the Country Store keeps their water fridge at 60 degrees! Sixty! WTF? That's like room temperature!

Since then the days have continued to be hot. High 80s. Think it hit 88 today. For the first time in like.... seven months I'm glad it's going to be raining soon. This weekend looks overcast and drizzly. So that will be a nice break. I did enjoy the heat though... I am a summer type of guy, but this was too much, too fast. Oregonians need to be eased into such weather... a week or two in the seventies, then move into the eighties, then maybe venture into the ninties. Hit a hundred and it's front page news.

And that's why Celcius system sucks. You can't hit 100. What a cool number. No you hit like, freaking, 34 or something. Wow.

Okay, actually the Celcius system makes a lot more sense than Farenhiet. But its like 2:30am, my dorm room is hot as hell, I'm in my boxers on top of my bed with a ridiculously hot burning laptop on my belly, and I am dreading going to sleep. Because I'm going to get hot and sweaty and be uncomfortable. Right now I'm laying with a FROZEN BOTTLE OF WATER on my chest. Cold? Yes. Worth it? Yes. Once the body numbs, it feels quite good.

Anywho, that's that.

I got a 31 out of 35 on my last Anthropoly midterm! Yay! I got a little worse on my first one. So I think I can pull a "B" in that class. For a while I was seriously thinking of S/Uing it. The topic just doesn't interest me AT ALL. Okay, a little. But I'm lazy and it's not enough to make me care. Plus, the course is kinda set up where you really have to pay attention to detail, and I don't like doing that. Anyways with a decent final and paper I should pull a B and maybe move into B+/A- territory.

My projected grades this term:

History- B+ thru A
Anthro- B thru A-
P.E.- A
Economics- B thru A (got A on first midterm, but getting much harder)
Astronomy- A- thru A

I'm thinking 3 A's and 2 B's or 4 A's and 1 B. I will get a B in Anthro almost for sure. I think I have an A in my future for History. Economics is the wild card.

No comments:

Post a Comment