Monday, September 12, 2005

Since I'm lazy, I'll just transplant a post from a message board I wrote up about Saturday's game:

Well, things certainly looked bad to start as BSU jumped ahead 14-0 and visions of last year were in the minds of many Beaver fans. But, OSU fought back and won it in the final minutes, something that has not happened since that magical 2000 season.

The hail was wacky.. so big it almost hurt. Biggest hail I think I've seen. It, along with the massive downpour, only seemed to encourage the crowd more.

Speaking of the crowd, boy did it get loud. Especially late in the fourth after OSU had tied it 27-27 and was ahead 30-27. The new east grandstand can really roar and it was a big homefield advantage.

As for the running game, the negative yard plays had disappeared. Last year it seemed every other play was stopped for a loss of two. This year, it seems the Beavers are getting 2-3 years regularly, with a big gain every once in a while. Should get that up to 4-5 yards, but IT IS better. Riley just knows the pass is more effective at this point.


Okay, back to non-copied post Thomas. It was a really fun game, the most fun game I've ever been too. Civil War is still my favorite, but this game was an absolute blast. Being in the student section is so much more fun, you can be rowdy and loud, jump up and down, scream obsenities at the refs... oh man, it's great. The new Reser can get REALLY loud too, and it showed it teeth in the fourth quarter as the Broncos looked helpless to move the ball.

I would make fun of Mike for the Broncos losing, but since he's no longer a BSU student *cough*ahem*cough* I'll refrain.

Me and Stephen pimped out the car, take a look:

http://www.oregonstate.edu/~graft/DSCN1870.JPG

http://www.oregonstate.edu/~graft/DSCN1872.JPG

Anyways, it was a fun time.

I'll try to get off this streak of once-a-week blog postings, and I'm sure the start of my college life will aide in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment