Saturday, April 12, 2014

COME RUN WITH ME!

Location with camera direction marked.
I've been meaning to do this for a while. I think it's fun to see where other people are running, especially if it is somewhere they run often. Laurel did this on her blog at one point showing her run through a park in Japan she used to frequent. I believe Katie at Runs For Cookies also did this a year or so ago. Since I was still in recovery mode from Ragnar and supposed to take my run easier, I thought stopping every mile to take a picture wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

So I present to you my normal weekday "Home 10k Loop." This is from my house, so this is not the course I run on Monday & Wednesday at PRC run group. Overall, I really like this route. It is a good mix of park, neighborhood, road, and some hills without being too killer. One rule I gave myself on the run was I had to take the picture right when my watch beeped. No fudging the location a bit to take a prettier picture or anything. It misses some areas that are my favorite, but oh well.

At the mile one marker in the powerline park. There are miles and miles of uninterrupted trail I could run, but that route is very hilly.
Looking east along SW Hart Road. Not the most scenic part of the run, but there is a "your speed" sign I like to play with right around the corner.
East along SW Hart Road again after a small detour through the neighborhoods and the powerline park again. Literally beeped right as I exited the park (on the right).
East along SW Sexton Mountain Road. Part of the 250 foot climb in less than a mile, but this is along a flatter spot. Turn the corner there and you will see the hill rise in front of you.
South along SW Murray Blvd shortly after a small detour to avoid the potential of stopping at a stoplight. Murray isn't the greatest run to run on, but this is all downhill so I like it.
Looking west along SW Beard Road. Beeped right as I turned the corner, so instead of neighborhood, you get a shot of the sun setting. About 30 yards ahead I turn left and run the final .22 home.

3 comments:

  1. YAY I love these posts! I should do another now that I'm somewhere else, but my trail is pretty uneventful. Some bushes, some water, repeat.. this however made me look up my blog post on my old running path in Japan! Oh memories! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice place to run! My 10k loop is mostly corn fields

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing where you run! It's funny I just read this, because I was planning to do another one of these posts today. I'm running 6 miles today, and I am supposed to run at a 10:15-11:00 pace(!), so I thought taking pictures would help me slow it down. I can totally picture you trying to "score high" on the "your speed" sign ;)

    ReplyDelete