Friday, April 01, 2016

OLD MAN GRAF

Quiet week on the running front. Last Saturday's long run wasn't hard, but my legs were a little sore afterward. Even though they felt a little weird Monday I went ahead and ran and the results were not good. Same extra sore/swollen knee feeling. I used to be able to run with sore muscles before, you'd just kind of "shake it off" during the run. However, recently...I can't get away with it. I did a test to see if I could, and I can't.

So nothing really has changed. I do feel like if I stretched, rolled my muscles out, and iced my legs after most runs I would be 100% fine. It's all muscular... I just don't have the motivation to do the hard work to fix it. Maybe getting more flexible in general would help. I just don't love running enough to make any drastic changes. Considering an ENTIRE month off didn't fix it... I don't know quite what to try. If I have to do a whole routine every time I run then I don't want to run.

Anyways, I haven't ran since Monday. At this point I want to be able to run the 10k next weekend with Katie, so I'm not going to do anything crazy. I'm going to be very conservative so I know I'll be able to run the race with her. My legs are getting better but they still feel a bit off today. I was going to run with Coach Jim tomorrow, but now I'm not sure that's the best idea. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I don't want you to wind up super injured because of me! I had to bail on the marathon, so if you don't do the 10K, believe me, I understand. Injuries suck! And I totally agree--if I had to do a big old routine before every run, I wouldn't want to run, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to give the race a whirl! At this point we'll both be miserable because I've slowed to the point where you might actually legitimately be able to beat me, ha. If it puts me out of commission for another two weeks, oh well!

      Delete