Sunday, March 15, 2020

SHAMROCK SHOULD HAVE BEEN TODAY...

Well, thanks to the novel coronavirus COVID-19, the Shamrock Run was cancelled. And while a global pandemic is not cool, the fact the race was cancelled was kind of a relief. I was going to go jog the 8k and basically reset my recovery period. Instead, I am a week into a two week abstinence period without the need to reset the clock! So in another week, I will try to get back out there.

I will say that I'm feeling much better! The time off is definitely helping to improve things. My muscles have loosened up, my back feels normal again, I can go up stairs without my calves burning... it's great! I think another week will only help to improve that. I did go on a walk today, my first real exercise in a week, and it felt really good. Only two miles, I didn't want to overdo it, but my body seemed to react really well. Now, if I'm sore or something tomorrow, bad news. But getting a little blood pumping around can only help aid the recovery process, right?

So anyways, that's the update! Hoping the virus will clear in time for the Pittsburgh Half but we'll see. This country only really got serious about things on a federal level Friday and it's going to get worse before it gets better. So we'll see where we are in a few weeks! Hopefully we can avoid an Italy type situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment