Friday, September 03, 2004

So yesterday I went to the Portland State Vikings game. We got there an hour late because I got super lost. Some misleading signs led us to take an exit too early, putting us on some random highway. It was at least 5 miles before there was an opportunity to turn around. Then we circled back and hooked into the freeway. Of course it hooked us one exit above of where we wanted to be, so we ended up parking on the street close to that exit (actual parking places, not parallel) and wandered to where we thought we were supposed to go. We ended up circling the City of Portland for about 35 minutes trying to find the damn stadium, but no luck. We asked a few people and acertained we were pretty far from it and would have to take the bus. Fuck that. So we get back into the car and try to find the freeway again. That was a problem... I took about three one way streets the wrong way (whoopsie :D) but we finally hooked back into I-5 south. We had to go all the way past Terwilliger to find an offramp that had an onramp on the other side. So I went on that, making a really, super-illegal U-Turn into the onramp and we were headed back to Portland! Ends up we take the right exit this time, but now we can't find shit for parking. We circled around and around, no street spaces were open, all the paid lots where full, no garages in sight. I happen to take a street right infront of the stadium, and what do you know, one space is open. I'd have to parallel to get into it. By this time we are almost an hour late and the second quarter has started. "Ah hell with it," I thought, preparing to parallel park. I had never done it in my life, practiced it, read up on how to do it, etc. I just winged it from what I thought it should look like. Let's just say I did an expert job, needing only to back in and inch forward a little bit to correct a slight slant. I have done similiar things at home when the guy parks his damn boat infront of the house, so I guess that helped me. Anywho, we made it! The game was fun, Portland State beating up on Western State College (Division II) 38-0. After the game we had no trouble getting back onto the freeway, it just so happened that road we were on connected right onto 405 a few blocks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment