Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Okay, so a couple of days ago we drove up to Seattle to go shopping for our apartments at IKEA. Originally it was going to be me, Adam, Courtney and Laurel. Then Phil wanted to come along so it was going to be the five of us. Then Courtney's mom decided to come along so Phil and Adam dropped out, so it was just us three. I wasn't really wanting to buy too much, all I had in mind was a TV stand, but Courtney and Laurel wanted a bunch of stuff for their condo.



Well, let's see the highlights of the trip. We drove up on Saturday and went straight to IKEA in Renton, thanks to the help of Sue (our GPS dealie). So we shopped. A lot. I think all told it was a little over two hours. The store was GIGANTIC, way bigger than I expected, it was like its own little city. They have a lot of stuff, some nice, some kinda ugly. Some seemed really well priced, others were kinda iffy. It was crowded and I felt like I was in Disneyland. So basically you had to browse around a lot. I just hate shit like:

"Would these curtains work?"
"Maybe, I don't know. For what window?"
"I dunno... like the on the left?"
"Which left? Our left or the left if you're in the yard?"
"Ummmm... I think our left. You know that one with the wood panel."
"No."
"Oh come on. Next to the heat thing."
"What?"
"Nevermind. Wait... how wide is our window?"
"I dunno, do you?"
"Nope, why did I ask then? I thought we measured."
"Don't think so."
"So we don't know what size we need?"
"No."
"Oh damn."
"This is cute though."
"Yeah, I like this one too."
"Yeah, that's pretty. It would go well..."

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, KILL ME. Anyways it was bearable and we got out soon enough to watch the Duck game which I really wanted to see (unfortunately they won). So then we went out to dinner, then back to the hotel room. We stayed in Bellevue... so yeah.

The next day we woke up and headed towards Seattle to explore a little. We went to the Public Market thing... browsed around a little, watched the fish place. So that was fun, I hadn't been there in a couple of years so it was fun to see again. The parking/traffic was insane though, but understandable since it was a Sunday.

Next we wandered over to the University of Washington to check things out. Went and looked at Husky Stadium:



It was big, but pretty basic. Looked like all bleacher seats, was surrounded by a track, etc. The seats way up high seem like they'd be tough to sit in... I thought Reser inclined quickly... yeesh. I could see how 70,000 some people packed in there yelling though would be intimidating, very big and steep, like you're in a canyon (with a track around it).

We then walked past where the Mutts play basketball, Bank of America Arena:



Couldn't go inside but looked nice. Sure it puts Gill to shame.

Anyway, we hung around a little, trying to meet up with my friend Max but couldn't, so decided to call it a day and go home. On the way back I got to pump my own gas, and let me tell you, it was quite the exciting experience.


How the hell does this work?



Little Oregon boy figures it out!


And aside from the gas nothing else special happened. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment