Sunday, December 24, 2006

So another Christmas Eve is down in the books. I could just copy the post from last year and call it good, but I'll actually write about what happened.

What we did was very similar to last year. The main differences are:

1) We did not go out for cocktails before dinner, breaking a 2 year tradition (it better start up again next year!)
2) We did not get hit-and-run rear ended by a drunk driver.

So all in all the changes were a wash. To review what happened last year, you can click here.

Okay, so we pick up my sister and head out to eat dinner. We decided to go to Il Piato again since we liked it so much last time. Our reservation was at 6:00pm, right when they opened, so it wasn't very busy but it was pretty damn cold. I remember it being packed last year for Christmas Eve, but this year it never got above three quarters full while we were there (over two hours).

Here are some pictures (we sat about 5 feet (one booth) away from where we sat last year):


Looking over the menu.



My sister, looking happy. She actually was pretty sick.



Parents smile despite the bill.



Me and my sister.

Next we went to church. Adrienne didn't go because she was sick, which she was, but also because she hates it more than anything in the world. We arrived pretty late this time, right before the service started, so we were kinda stuck out in the boondocks.


Our view of the church.



Picture from last year, showing where we sat this year.

The church wasn't as gloomy as the first picture shows, it was just dark and so I brightened it up artificially. The service wasn't too long, just over an hour and I kind of enjoyed it. I just like the choir, the songs, the candlelight atmosphere. Once it was over we drove home... without my sister. She wanted to stay at her own place since she was sick so my dad will pick her up in the morning.

Stay tuned for Christmas Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment