Friday, October 19, 2012

POST RACE INJURY - HEALED?

So after my surprisingly good race on Sunday I definitely came up lame the next day with a strained left calf. This is the same left calf that gave me trouble after my 15.4 mile expedition early this summer.

This led to me missing run group on Monday and Wednesday and taking all the way until today, Friday, to heal. I am going to go for a run tonight because it feels 100% better. I hate not being able to run... I feel all lethargic, my body hurts, it feels like I have arthritis, etc. Maybe that is just the cold weather coming on, but this always happens when I stop exercising.

Running may not be "great" when you are in the middle of a run bored out of your skull, but it makes your body feel so much better. The difference between being in shape and out of shape is very noticable. So anyways, I really want to get back to 25-30 miles a week, running 5 times a week. I think with the new shoes and allowing myself to heal properly I can do it. I've stopped and started a couple of times now so hopefully I can get out of pit row this time. I can't bullshit my way through many more races - or a marathon.

Up next will be the 12k Hot Buttered Run in Vancouver... it is the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The distance is unique so I am looking forward to that. Right now a 10k is a "long run" for me, so I have to get that back to being my "normal" run. Long runs should be 9 miles or more! Depending on how much time I have on Sunday I would like to go on a long run, maybe do 8 to start? Sunday I'm busy all day so I'd have to do it Saturday.

Anyways, that's my boring update.

No comments:

Post a Comment