Thursday, September 05, 2013

I'M RUNNING 26.2 THIS WEEKEND


I'm running 26.2 miles this weekend! The catch is 20 will be on Saturday and 6.2 will be on Sunday. So I'll still be a marathon virgin. I wouldn't go and sneak a marathon up on you. You know that.

Funny thing is, I almost completely forgot about that little 6.2 on Sunday. I'm running the Pints to Pasta 10K but it will be the day after a 20 mile training run, so I won't be able to set a PR or anything during the race.

I signed up a long time ago, maybe like six months, and it mostly escaped my mind. I didn't even consider it when planning my marathon training like I did with other races. Anyways, I'll be there with Laurel so while I've been talking to her about the race since that, it took me a while to put two and two together, and in the meantime, scheduled a twenty miler the day before.

As for the race itself, I'll just run it for fun. We'll have to see how I feel after my twenty miles on Saturday, but I'm guessing not very fresh. If my first two twenty milers were any indication, anything under 8:00/mile would be a miracle. It would be really stupid to run this hard and injure myself four weeks before the marathon, so I'll just feel it out on race day. I won't take it seriously and won't count it as an official "race" in my arsenal. It'll still be fun though.

You should have seen the celebration in the car today as I was driving home from work. I thought I had to run again today to get my three weekday runs in. It would have been the third day in a row, the third time running the same route (couldn't make run group this week), etc. I was not looking forward to it. In addition, it had been gray all day and then on my ride home it started to MONSOON and rain just a crazy amount. I thought I was going to have to trudge out there in that. When I remembered the race on Sunday, taking care of today's miles, I might have danced a little bit in my car on Interstate 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment