Thursday, December 12, 2013

I HATE ICE

My name is left front wheel. I took the brunt of the impact
with the curb and now I'm totally fucked up.
Thomas plus ice plus car equals crash. For the second time in about five years I've fucked my car up. Going to work yesterday I hit a patch of black ice rounding a corner at about 10mph and slammed into the curb. Wasn't going that fast but it was enough to fuck my steering up (wheels locked) and cause me to need a tow and have the car in the shop for a couple weeks. Yay! Initial estimate from Geico is $2,500 of damage, thank goodness for insurance (although the $500 deductible right in time for the holidays sucks).

About five years ago in my old Protégé when there was maybe an inch of snow on the ground (but apparently ice underneath it) I was going like 5mph around a gentle curve and lost control and slammed into the curb. Same thing happened, wheels got fucked up and the car had to go into the shop. That one was only like $600 but not covered by insurance.

I really hate this stupid ass freezing weather and driving in it. Anyways, yesterday I didn't run with group because my whole day was kind of fucked up from that, so I'll head out tonight. I might just toss that run and do only two this work week... we'll see, I might get the other one in on Friday. Just in a bad mood and going outside in the cold and dark to run alone doesn't sound the greatest.

Looking to do 12 miles again this weekend and then hopefully sixteen the next. We'll see, no solid plans really. I had visions of traveling to Detroit or Chicago for a marathon this fall but I think this recent car incident ate up my funds for that. Maybe I'll feel different in a few months, but this month I bought a new phone and tablet (to my credit this was before carmageddon), will spend hundreds on Christmas presents, need to sign up for the Vancouver Marathon, will pay Libbie $365 for Timbers season tickets, and probably other crap I forgot. December is going to be in the DEEP red.

1 comment: