Friday, November 21, 2014

GETTING THE MOJO BACK

Fat Thomas extracting the mojo from in-shape marathoner Thomas.
You may have noticed I've been a little quiet lately. Ever since the marathon I haven't quite got my running mojo back. I've kind of mentioned this. With no big race in the near future and the weather (and amount of light) turning to shit I don't feel particularly motivated. The things keeping me going at the moment are seeing my running buddies on Monday and Wednesday and then running other times just so I can continue to eat and not gain weight. Except for last week, where I ran one less day, I've still be hitting my runs though.

I think it's starting to come back a little. Wednesday night I ran the rollercoaster with Alejandro and we finished in 58-something minutes. Anytime you go below an hour on the rollercoaster you've put in a pretty solid effort. Then last night, even though my legs were sore, I got out in the cold and dark and ran my 10k home loop. Slower pace, on purpose, but once I was done I was very glad I did it.

Tomorrow is looking like twelve wet miles with Coach Jim's group in the morning. One problem is I don't have a marathon until Eugene in early May. So I am not really training for anything. I'm in good enough shape where I can race anything from a 5k to a half marathon no problem. I might not be in PR shape for the half at this point, but I'd be close. Anyways, nothing pushing me super hard at the moment, but I'm okay with that. I need a little time off from training hard, so as long as I can just maintain my fitness, I'll be ready to hit it hard come February or March or whenever I find my mojo back in 1969.

1 comment:

  1. I've been feeling the exact same way, but this damn knee has kept me from running. Way to keep up with your mileage.

    ReplyDelete