Tuesday, May 12, 2015

MID MAY MUSINGS

This will just be a collection of thoughts in no particular order...

- I ran ten miles last weekend with Matt. Averaged 9:12/mile. Felt about right. When I start marathon training I think my long run pace should be 9:15-9:20/mile.

- I'm not sure what my goal will be for the Portland Marathon this year. I'm not nearly as fast as I was and I'm not sure my quest for a sub 3:30 is realistic. I'm going to have to see how I feel when I kick it back into gear fully.

- I need to sign up for a couple races this summer. After the Rock N' Roll Half Marathon on May 17th and the 10k Rum Run on May 24th, I don't have anything officially until the Portland Marathon. Need to stay motivated somehow.

- I think I need to pick up my feet more when I'm running. I've noticed I've been "shuffling" along and generally look old and stiff when running.

- I hope I can beat my Indy Mini time at Rock N' Roll but I'm not sure the course will be any less crowded. The race will be about half the size but the streets we are running on won't be quite as wide. So we'll see. Hopefully it'll settle faster.

- I weighed myself yesterday. I haven't weighed myself very much the last two years, being slightly scared I have gained weight. Turns out I weigh the exact same as I did three years ago. So that's encouraging.

- I want to run a 50k for my 31st birthday (that's 31 miles). Yes, that is still over two years away, but I'm already looking at races. The McKenzie River Trail Run is looking good at this point.

- I'm trying to avoid getting a GPS watch tan line. Strategies including switching wrists, putting it on loosely so it slides around, and thinking about wearing it like a necklace.

- I'll have a preview of my upcoming half marathon this weekend in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. I hate that you maintain your weight for two years and don't even weigh yourself! (Just kidding, I'm proud of you, but I'm uber jealous)

    ReplyDelete