Thursday, May 28, 2015

THE ONE WHERE BRIBING THOMAS WORKS

Redeeming themselves. They do run a full marathon in Vancouver, WA... wouldn't be surprised that its really 27.5 miles.
Well, good news on the Rum Run 10k front. They offered anyone affected by Sunday's snafu a free entry into next year's race. Nice of them and the right thing to do. While Energy Events still can't measure a course to save their lives, their reputation as a decent company who puts on a good event will remain in my mind. Everyone screws up from time to time and they are doing their best to right the wrong.

After the "race" on Sunday I went to group run Monday at PRC and felt super worn down. I really wanted to quit only after a couple miles. The 9:15 pace felt a lot faster. I think my body was still worn down from the race the day before. I took the next two days off but will run tonight at the Discovery Run in Tualatin. This is an event I always want to go to but have only actually gone to once. I always forget to pack clothes (it's not a habit yet and only once a month) or have some other conflict.

My left leg has felt funny since the run on Monday. I'm not too concerned because the pain is dull and moving around my leg. If it was concentrated in one spot I'd be a little more concerned. At times it has felt like I have had shin splints, a calf strain, a rolled ankle, and a busted knee. It feels much better today. I'll watch it closely to make sure I'm not ignoring anything serious, but all the pain has been very dull, nothing sharp, so I think my legs just got beat up with the race followed by six miles the next night.

Next race is the Bald Peak Half Marathon in just over three weeks. This is the really hilly one that's on half gravel. Under 1:50 there this year will be considered a victory. I should probably start planning my Portland Marathon training too.

No comments:

Post a Comment