Friday, September 11, 2015

LATE SUMMER SWOON

Me.
This week hasn't been the best in terms of training. Probably not a good time for it to be happening, as we are really in the crunch time for marathon training right now. Monday was alright, five and a half miles in my old neck of the woods. It wasn't particularly fast though, 9:30/mile overall, as my body was still pretty wrecked from that brunch run.

Tuesday I could have ran but choose not to. I knew I had conflicts coming up but my body felt just terrible. I was afraid of a return to the "overtraining" type symptoms I had earlier this year and didn't want to press it. I know it's ridiculous to be worried about that sort of stuff with the amount I run, but that's my reality right now. I could probably fix it with foam rolling, ice baths, yoga, blah blah blah, but I just don't care enough I guess?

Wednesday I would normally have PRC run group but I went to the Timbers game instead. And yesterday I would have normally ran but I had dinner with my parents for my birthday. Here's the thing though.... I ended up running at 9:30pm with about 2 pounds of Lebanese food in my belly. It was a super uncomfortable run and I only ran three miles. I think I averaged about 10:45/mile and that was the absolute fastest I could go without throwing up. It was kind of ridiculous but I couldn't stand the thought of not running for another day.

Anyways, that was probably a bit dramatic. Tonight I'll run five or six around my house before dinner. I'd like to do a marathon pace run, but the high today is 96 so I don't know how realistic that will be. Then on Saturday I have 20 again with PMC. Hopefully my legs won't be shot for that. There is an option for only 16, but I really want to do the full 20 again. My weekday runs this time around haven't been great, but my weekend long runs have been just as good as last year and I'd like to keep that up.

No comments:

Post a Comment