Wednesday, September 30, 2015

FOUR DAYS OUT

In just about an hour I'll have my last run before the marathon. Yikes! I'll do just short of three miles with PRC at a very leisurely pace. Physically, my body feels really good. The 5k on Sunday didn't seem to affect me that much, I was a little worn on Monday perhaps but at the pace I was running I couldn't really feel it. Today should be a really quick, easy run, then there is nothing to do but recover and make sure my legs are there for the race.

There is a slight concern however. Yesterday I got a sore throat and I still have it today. I think it feels a little better today, but the last thing I want to have happen is to be sick during the marathon. There seems to be a cold and couple other bugs going around and I really hope I don't have something major. The fact that it certainly didn't get worse overnight was encouraging. Just hope it isn't one of those bugs that eventually moves and lodges itself in your lungs/nose for a couple weeks after the sore throat start. Guess we'll see. Fingers crossed for feeling 100% Sunday.

Oh and the weather is going the total wrong direction. High revised upwards 2 degrees since yesterday. Now it is an official repeat of last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment