Thursday, October 01, 2015

THREE DAYS OUT

Thankfully the weather predictions have stopped getting warmer - unfortunately, they aren't getting cooler either. Near 11am, about when I'll finish, the predicted temperature right now is 69 degrees. That's about the same it was last year. Now, normally that is a very pleasant temperature. However, in the 20s of a marathon, when your body isn't so good at moderating it's internal thermometer, that's too hot. Overall, knowing how I broke down in the heat last year, this year I'll try my best to take it easy toward the beginning and run a more even race.

Today I've been pretty relaxed about the race. Not freaking out quite as bad as earlier in the week. That'll likely change tomorrow when I pick up my packet and it becomes more real. Right now I have plans with Alejandro to pick up our packets and then go out for dinner. Load up on some pasta and bread. I also have to make sure to buy some ShotBloks for the race. Last year I ate two packets during the race and I think this year I might try choking down three. Can't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment