Friday, October 02, 2015

TWO DAYS OUT

Well, the weather report hasn't changed much. If you compare Sunday's forecast from today (which I'm pretty confident is correct) to what they were predicting on Tuesday, it's pretty much spot on. So touché Oregon weathercasters. Luckily, unlike last year, the actual impact of that weather shouldn't take me by surprise. I know what it's going to feel like at mile 20... that 66 degrees is going to feel 80. So I'll mentally prepare and just grin and bear it. At least it won't be downpouring or have a high of 90. It could be a lot worse!

The sickness I mentioned two days ago has migrated to my nose/sinuses. Luckily, like the sore throat, it is a very low level thing. So while I woke up stuffed up and my nostrils are working about 25% of capacity, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'm pretty sure I breathe mostly through my mouth during the race anyways so I don't think it'll really affect me. I'd rather be stuffed up than be coughing up crap and having it in my lungs. That could really mess with my performance. It'll probably turn into a full blown cold after the marathon though given how depleted my body will be. Yay?

Going to the expo tonight to pick up my bib and then out to dinner to carbo-load. I'll have the full preview up tomorrow complete with race strategy and goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment