Thursday, December 01, 2016

BAD FLARE UP

Well folks, I finally had a pretty bad flare up. I wish I could say it wasn't from the running, but I am not 100% sure. I ran the Friday after Thanksgiving and two days later I started a flare up that is lasting multiple days. I can still feel it today, but I think by tomorrow I should be back to feeling normal. If so, I'll try another run this weekend and see what happens.

I finally started logging my knee issues and it will be interesting to see if there is a pattern. Unfortunately, it appears the last two times I have ran, two days later I started to have bouts with my knee issue. The first time it was fairly minor and really didn't phase me too much, I mean hell, I was getting flare ups when I wasn't doing anything! However, the most recent flareup was pretty bad and kind of discouraging. It was bad enough that I was limping and co-workers were noticing.

So... we'll see what happens. I really would like to do the Miami Marathon in late January with my friends. To train for that I'd like to be able to run 5-6 miles at 11:00/mile. I'm already able to run 3 miles at 11:00/mile (which was my most recent run) so I can get there. Assuming I'm able to continue without the bouts becoming too bad, I'll do so. However, finally tracking my knees daily and seeing how it corresponds to my activity will be interesting and should solve the question of how much of my knee pain is cyclical and how much is activity induced.

No comments:

Post a Comment