Saturday, March 25, 2017

WEEK FOUR OF MTX TREATMENT

Okay, this one is a little late, normally I would have posted this right before taking my fifth weekly dose, but I am halfway into week five now.

This last week reminded me that I am still not all the way back (and who knows if I will ever be). I didn't have a flare like in the past, but my knees weren't feeling almost back to normal like they were before either. Three runs, including a race, and skiing during the course of 10 days was a little much. They regressed a little bit, not to the point where it hurt going down stairs or anything, but I couldn't bound down the stairs joyfully either.

When I took my fourth dose, Thursday, my "shit" day, was actually pretty good. I barely felt nauseous and didn't experience any increased fatigue. However, the Thursday after dose five... about halfway back to the worst it had been. A little crummy feeling and tired the next day. And then on Friday I started getting a sore throat. Very low level, but annoying. So ugh. Not feeling quite as positive as before.

Anyways, one good chunk of news is my mysterious sleep issues have seemed to disappear. I'm back to sleeping much better, so I'm very happy about that. If we can just get the Thursday to near normal, and they seem to be slowly trending that way, I would be a pretty happy camper. I hope this sore throat dissipates quickly. Again, it is very low level, doesn't hurt to swallow or anything, it's just annoying. Maybe once my body is in "rhythm" with the methotrexate these sorts of minor things will be less common. I did have about three solid weeks without anything though.

Again, this is midway through the fifth week. The full effect of the drug is usually reached at 6-12 weeks and people say it can take months for the body to get used to it and have reduced side effects. So, the real question will be how I am feeling in June. I'm on the path to recovery but I still need to be cautious and take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment