Friday, March 31, 2017

NEAR DEATH

Okay, not really. I am just being a dramatic male getting sick, but this last week's cold was horrible! As you may recall in my last update:

"...[O]n Friday I started getting a sore throat. Very low level, but annoying."

Well, that ended up turning into a doozy. Really bad cold. Kept me home from work for three days this week. I was able to work from home, which is a great option to keep up on everything without infecting my teammates and save precious PTO. It started getting better Wednesday just in time for my next dose and now I just seem to be hacking out the remains.

Another point where I was feeling down on the whole situation though. While I can't say for sure the methotrexate caused my cold, that is now my second cold in four weeks. Normally I get like one or two a year. So if I'm going to have twenty colds a year, this is not going to work out. Again, it's early, there is no direct correlation, so I'll take a wait and see approach.

Unfortunately, that means no running for the last eight days. Just as I was excited to pick things up and try to get out there two to three times a week regularly I get smacked down with this cold. I hope to be back running by Monday at the latest. Still need to see how everything holds up with increased activity. My knees feel about the same this week, about 2/10, but my Thursday actually went pretty well. Almost no negative reaction to the medication. So that was one positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment