Tuesday, August 15, 2017

WARNING: GROSS FOOT PICTURES

Clockwise from top left: Two days after, one week after,
two weeks after, and three weeks after.
Thought I'd give a little update on how my foot recovery is going. Pretty well! Day by day it gets better but it is slower than one would like. Now that I am able to wear normal shoes and walk without a limp you'd think I'd be almost back to normal. Not the case though... any prolonged walking, jumping, weird toe bends, etc. and my foot is not happy. My toes are still decently swollen, especially the one next to the pinky toe. It is still a Vienna sausage pretty much.

Hey, remember those earthquake kits we made in elementary school? Mine always had Vienna sausages. It was fun at the end of the year when you got it back and could eat the stuff. I don't remember those in middle school at all. Was it just a ploy to teach us about earthquakes or a legitimate strategy to survive if a big one hit when we were at school? Do they do it now? So many questions.

Anyways, I think in about a week I'll be able to walk for fitness again. A few miles at a normal pace. Nothing crazy. And then hopefully slowly start jogging again toward Labor Day. I think in about two or three weeks my toes will be almost back to normal... too much bending or stubbing them will be bad, but otherwise fairly functional. So the 4-6 week timeframe is looking about right assuming the progress I've been seeing continues.

2 comments:

  1. We never got to make earthquake kits! But we did have to make a "meltdown" kit in case the nuclear power plant had a meltdown, hahahaha.

    Your toes look painful! How fast were you going on that motorcycle anyway? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess the "kits" were localized, haha. Went down somewhere between 20-25mph, so not even that fast!

      Delete