Monday, September 30, 2019

A WEEK AWAY FROM PORTLAND 2019

Alright, now that we are only a week out, things start to get interesting! I start freaking out at random moments of the day, I can furiously F5 the weather forecast, I can over-analyze my morning approach, etc. Good times.

Just a quick post today, but I wanted to reflect back on my September. I felt good, I hit all my runs, and when it was all totaled up, it was my second most miles EVER. I was very surprised at that fact! I had definitely hit two 20 milers in a month before and it only had four Saturdays (aka long runs) so it wasn't like it was a weird coincidence of circumstance. Nope, I just ran a lot (for me) and held myself accountable. So that was pretty cool to see, thinking back about 2014 when I was really serious about things and being right in that ballpark, albeit slower. You can also see my highest month last year, some twenty miles less.

We are also well within ten days of the race now, so it is time to weather stalk. And for NOW, the weather looks awesome. Knock on wood. I always look at the day before and the day after, because things tend to shift earlier/later and right now, both those days look pretty good as well. So right now it's looking very promising. The expected high right now at 11am is 60 degrees, which isn't bad. It also should be partly cloudy, so hopefully the direct sun won't be blasting in my face.

Click here if you want to stalk me on Sunday morning and watch my inevitable spectacular collapse!

The plan this week is pretty simple. Five easy on Monday, four easy on Tuesday, and then that's it until the race! I always love tapering! Some runners hate it and feel an itch to go out and run... not me. I will gladly sit on my ass and do nothing for a week. Vital to my training you say? Well, probably shouldn't even go get the mail then. Don't want to stress myself out.

One other thing I need to do this week is get into a better sleep schedule. I was able to do it last year to adjust to east coast time, but it is hard to do without a time zone change looming. However, I've been falling asleep around 1am recently and that is NOT going to work for this race. Knowing me, I'll be up later than that because of the nerves before the race. I'd like to get at least five or six hours of sleep and I'll probably need to wake up around 5am.

Anyways, that's the update for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment