Thursday, October 03, 2019

THREE DAYS TO GO

I cannot believe how fast the Portland Marathon is barreling toward me. It feels like this week just started and it's already Thursday. Ahh!

Good news on the weather front, it is holding out. Still looks great! The temperature for the morning has ticked down some, now estimated at 45 when the race starts... a little cold but not a big deal. The chance of it raining at all has decreased a lot, now down to 3%. So basically it should be clear and crisp. Can't ask for much more!

My next post will be a preview of the race with my goals. I ran my final two runs on Monday and Tuesday, they went great, no issues. Should feel nice and fresh for race day! Haven't done a great job with my sleep schedule... I've been getting to bed a little earlier, but still sleeping in until the same time, so I don't know if that helps or not.

The expo is only on Saturday, which is kind of annoying. I liked to go on Friday and avoid the crowds, but no option of that this year. I've also learned there will be no corrals; we are supposed to line up accordingly based on our time. Which would be a great idea if people actually lined up at the right speed. So it might be a frustrating first mile or two, but this race shouldn't be too large, a couple of thousand maybe, so unlike the Marine Corp Marathon, I should be able to hit target pace pretty quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment