Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Yesterday for the fourth I went over to Kenny's house. We watched people in his neighborhood set off fireworks then went to Juergen's Park and watched the Tigard (Cook Park?) display. It was pretty cool but I think they had some wiring issues or something because it stopped... then a few randomly went off in the next few minutes. No big finale or anything. Anywho, we had s'mores and stuff so it was good. That's about it.

I find that I don't really care about the 4th anymore. It used to be so fun, my dad would allot me $20 for fireworks, and I'd go out and shop and get them. Lighting them was a thrill... oh yes. Now, I wouldn't want to waste my money on them, and frankly, they are annoying. I find the big displays cool, but the "Killer Bees" and the "Picolo Pete's" don't do it for me. They are loud and annoying and not that spectacular *puts down cane*. But seriously, talk about needless pollution and waste. Yikes, when I was driving home I felt like I was in a fog in some neighborhoods. I also maybe don't care because I'm not particularily found of the direction of my country either, but I won't start on that one.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:35 PM

    Thomas,
    I so agree with you. All the fireworks are is just bombs blasting in air.
    I have never liked the the 4th becouse of all that pollution and noise.
    And oh yea it is my mothers b-day.
    And oh yea ella hates it much more than you or I can imagine. guess who~~~~

    ReplyDelete