Thursday, August 16, 2012

BACK AT IT AND ACCOUNTABILITY

So I've run 12 miles so far this week in an average temperature of 93 degrees. Yesterday I ran six miles in NINETY EIGHT degrees. 98!

Me getting lost on trip run (will happen)
And you know what? I survived! There was a light breeze, I took my shirt off, and I just took it slow (9 minute miles). Plus, Fanno Creek is pretty damn shady at 6:30pm in mid-August sun.

I hope to do another six tonight and then that will be all until my trip. I really hope to get some runs in - another guy on the trips runs too - but we'll see. Running in a new place far from home would be fun!

Basically, I think I am going to need some accountability. I want to go to run group every Monday and Wednesday, and then Libbie and I have planned to meet at our respective places and run as well. So hopefully pretty soon that'll all be set up and I'll feel obligated to run 4-5 times a week, whether I want to or not.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! And great job running on vacation! We've got to hit it hard when you get home. All the recent changes in my life are making scale go wrong direction.

    ReplyDelete