Monday, August 13, 2012

MOTIVATION

So I've really been struggling with a lack of motivation recently. After running my virtual 5k race I didn't run again until today. Nine days. NINE!

Now, I wasn't just being totally lazy. Some things came up in life that made fitting in runs hard, but I certainly could have. Also, it has been really fracking hot lately. Like pushing 100 hot. So there is really no good time to run spare the morning and you know I'm not going to wake up to do that.

Still, I could have ran slow, ran at different times, etc. Anyways, I am going to try to be good this week. The only problem is, I have an 8 day long vacation planned starting Saturday. I have plans to run during the vacation, but we'll see if it happens. Anyways, I am not going to let the fact that I have a vacation coming up to just bag this week.

I need something to motivate me! For a long time I had the half marathon, but for now, all that is on the horizon is the Corvallis Fall Festival 5k in mid September. I am not too worried about that - I'd like to set a 5k record, but it's not like I need intense training. Anywho, I should probably sign up for another half marathon or at least a 10k soon.

2 comments:

  1. Now you know how I feel about the dang heat!! I'll miss your emails while you're gone. Wanna do a half together when I'm in town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah if we can find a good half, let's do it! :D

    ReplyDelete