Monday, February 11, 2013

HALF MARATHON TRAINING RUN

Pretty even, solid splits for a half!
This last weekend I decided to run a half marathon of 13.1 miles as my training run. My training runs in the last few weeks had been either 10, 11, or 12 miles, so this was the next step. Also had to make sure to add that extra tenth to make it official!

This weekend I am going to Las Vegas with Libbie and other running friends for her 30th birthday. So I won't be getting a long run in, although we might run once or twice for shorter distances. Anyways, I figured I might as well go "out" with a bang, so I set out to run the half at 8:45/mile or less.

I ran a route to Fanno Creek and then did the length of that south all the way to the Tigard Library. Basically the same route as I did for my ten miler recently, I just added the stretch south of 99W (and also went all the way up to Hall before dropping into the greenway). Really like having that trail system so close to me for long runs!

Felt pretty good the whole run. OPB Radio was having their pledge drive so 30% of my run was spent having them beg me for money. Sorry guys, I don't have my wallet on me. Get back to Car Talk dammit! Anyways, that was about the only negative on the run. I felt really good until the last two miles or so. By then I felt drained but was still able to keep my pace up for the most part.

Been feeling it the last two days too, my legs are a little achy and feel a tad worn. I ran only five miles today at run group and kept it pretty easy the first three miles. Took off in the last two and was feeling pretty good. Plan to run six or seven Wednesday and then whatever happens in Vegas. I'll get back to my long runs again the weekend after.

1 comment: