Thursday, February 21, 2013

LAS VEGAS & SICKNESS

Well, I got sick while in Vegas. The first night I woke up at about 4am and barfed and emptied my bowels at the same time. Always fun. Then repeated the next night. The final night I was able to keep everything down but I felt bad and my stomach couldn't really hold anything more than crackers and ginger ale down (thanks Libbie!).

Second day, trying to soldier on.
Now, the stomach bug has transformed into a head cold. Needless to say, it sucks! Las Vegas was fun, but I would be okay with not going back there for a while. The frat boy party atmosphere and everything being so pricey was a turn off. Then again, I was sick the whole time, but if I want to gamble I can go to Spirit Mountain and there is nothing else real convincing the city offers.

People on the trip went running but because I was instantly sick I didn't run at all. My first run was last night, my first run in almost a week. It didn't go very well. I took it real easy because I knew I was sick, which translated into a 9:20/pace. The pace wasn't a problem, it was my legs. I had no giddy up at all. They felt weak and worn. My whole body felt like I was very nervous. The slightest of bumps in the sidewalk made me feel like I was going to trip and fall over. I wouldn't have had the strength to avoid tripping by stumbling for a few seconds either, it would have been SPLAT.

Anyways, I did four miles and that was enough. I feel much worse today. I don't think I can blame that on running, but I will probably back off until I feel better. My body needs to concentrate on getting better right now.

Just sucks because I was starting to really get into a grove. I was in half marathon shape and my times were getting better. Oh well. Think this is the first time I have been really sick in over a year. Guess it's my turn.

2 comments:

  1. Note to self: Do not read Thomas' blog before consuming a meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you were sick our whole trip! But you are very welcome on the little care I could offer.

    ReplyDelete