Wednesday, February 27, 2013

ON THE MEND

After that really crappy run last Wednesday I didn't run again until Monday. So I took another four days off and during that time I was still sick. I didn't really start feeling better until last Sunday and by Monday I was feeling much better. At group run I had a very good run, doing the six miles at a 8:40 average with a 8:00 final mile.

I'm still not healthy but I am on the mend. I am sneezing a lot today and have some congestion. I am definitely in "drain" mode though and look forward to feeling 100% in the near future. I was encouraged with my run at group... it was like I never took almost two weeks off. My legs felt really fresh (duh) and my respiratory system seemed to hold up. I would have gone even faster but I was with a larger pack until some of us split off for the seven miles. At that point we opened it up a little more. It felt really good!

I was (and still am until I get more miles in) concerned that my training for the Shamrock Run would be negated by getting sick in Vegas. My runs were really starting to come together in terms of speed and the way I felt while running them. Plus, my long runs were hitting half marathon distance. I'm afraid the two week break will set me back a little. Oh well, no point in complaining, just got to get back on it!

Just two more weekends to train until the Shamrock Run three Sundays from now.

1 comment:

  1. Just remember if you're doing the 15k, it's super hilly! Get some hill runs in!!! Wish I was out of this cast and running it too! :D

    ReplyDelete