Wednesday, July 03, 2013

MID-HOLIDAY WEEK UPDATE

I'm going to try to update a little bit more so every post isn't a novel. Anyways, last week I only ran 24 miles and that 'rest week' was really beneficial. I was starting to feel really run down and after taking it easy last week I have a new pep in my step, even after the grueling 11 mile run on Saturday.

Monday at the PRC Group Run I was feeling pretty good but it was 95 degrees. After taking it easy for the first five miles, Alejandro and I took off and run a 7:35 mile. In 95 degrees. It actually wasn't too bad and actually kind of fun to challenge ourselves. He is training for the Portland Marathon as well and we are pretty much matched at the same speed, so we end up running together a lot and pushing each other like that.

Today was a much cooler 85 degrees (kidding... sort of). I ended up doing the first five miles easy again before taking off on the last. 7:39 final mile. That felt much easier than the "fast mile" on Monday. That is my goal pace for the half marathon I have coming up on Sunday so it was nice to finish that mile and still be feeling pretty good and not out of breath or anything.

I'll do a 10k tomorrow on the Fourth of July (no work!) and then rest until my half marathon on Sunday. I'll have a preview of that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment