Saturday, January 31, 2015

2015 ZENA ROAD RUN RACE GOALS

2013... looks fun, huh?
For a detailed preview of this race, check out my 2013 race preview. Everything about the race is pretty much the same, so that's what I'll be facing tomorrow morning.

I'm not going to PR... my 15k PR was just a perfect race last year at Shamrock and there is no way I can replicate that on this tougher course with my current fitness. To even try would be setting myself up for failure. I do want to race this hard though, so I'm not going to take it easy. I just know that I won't be getting a 1:06, so I shouldn't be disappointed with whatever time I end up getting.

That being said, I do have some goals I'll be trying for:

"A" Goal: Sub 1:10. That is 7:30 a mile or less. Over a very hilly 9.3 miles that is nothing to sneeze at. I would be thrilled with this time.

"B" Goal: Under 1:12:23. This was my time at this very race in 2013. I'd like to be able to beat that. I am coming off a half marathon the previous weekend and some lackluster training, so this isn't a given. If I can beat 2013 I won't feel like I'm falling behind.

"C" Goal: Under 1:15. Don't really know how my legs are going to react to another hard race effort after Miami last weekend... this would be a sub eight pace and still nothing to be disappointed about.

I somehow managed to convince a group of people to join me at this race, so Alejandro, Glenn, Matt, and Katie from my running group will be there. Should be a fun time. If I can get to the top of the hills at mile three averaging 8:30/mile I should be in good shape to give my A and B goals a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment