Friday, January 16, 2015

EXCITEMENT FORTHCOMING

Not looking to recreate this...
I've been pretty quiet because nothing special is going on! Just plodding along. Hitting my weekly mileage despite not really feeling super motivated. Probably need to start working some more structured speekwork into my routine but that can wait. I think my body could just a week off. I really should just do that. Maybe run Monday and Wednesday easy at run group but other than that just take it off. Feel like I need to recharge a little bit.

Anyways, it's crazy to think, but this time next week I'll be in Miami for the half marathon. Yikes! Hopefully the weather is a little cooler than last year (74 at race start, normal temp at that time is 64). I think I'll probably jog it with my friend. I have no desire to run that race hard again. With his current level of fitness I bet we can shoot for like a 2:50 half. Kind of a half run/half walk type deal. To be honest that will probably be tougher on my body than a 1:45 half, but I'd rather just accompany him and try to enjoy it a little more this year.

I'll have a post with more about that race early next week. The other race coming up is the Zena Road Run. I just signed up today for the 15k. That will be good prep for Shamrock. I'll just be looking to beat my 2013 time of 1:12 there, but scary to think that is a mere 16 days away considering my lack of real hard training in recent weeks. Actually, now that I am typing this, that would be a good week to run easy on Monday and Wednesday and then race hard on Sunday. And actually I'll be in Miami on Monday. So whatever. I haven't thought much through. Which is fitting. Just kinda taking it as it comes.

O-H! I-O! O-H! I-O! O-H! I-O!

No comments:

Post a Comment