Thursday, March 05, 2015

...AND I'M OUT OF SHAPE.

Might have had better
cardio here.
I knew it would be a little tough starting back up again after two weeks, but wow, your cardio does go fast! My first run back was five miles at Monday run group and done at an 8:48/pace. Felt like a sub-8:00 pace with the way I was struggling to breathe. Felt like a 40 year smoker! Was really surprising it was that bad after only two weeks. My legs felt fine but the lungs they were a-burnin'.

The next night I went out for three very easy miles around my house. Did those purposefully easy at 9:45/mile. Still was laboring to breathe somewhat. It wasn't hard, but it wasn't easy. Normally that pace is a walk in the park, but this night I actually kind of had to try. So not sure how quickly my cardio is going to kick back in. Only 10 days until the Shamrock Run at this point... I'm thinking a PR might be a tad ambitious, but we'll see.

Tonight I'm going to try to get out there and run a 5k at a faster pace. I would like to shoot for under 8:00/mile, but I'm not sure if that is too ambitious at this point. So I'll just go with whatever feels pretty hard and hope I can keep it up. My legs feel great, so it is nice to have those back. Just need the lungs to catch up. On Sunday I'll go for a long run of ten miles at something like a 9:15 pace or so. Just make sure I still have that distance in me before the Shamrock Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment