Friday, June 12, 2015

TEMPO, PORTLAND, BIKES?

Nothing much to report. I guess I officially started Portland Marathon training this week. I didn't officially start training last year until about this time, so I'm not behind or anything. I was in much better shape last year, so I'll be interested to see how this training cycle goes. I really trained hard last summer... I almost want to slack off a little and see if I can still get in the same ballpark. What's the point of killing myself when my legs are going to fall out at mile 22 anyways?

We'll see though! I'll be attending my first Portland Marathon Clinic training run tomorrow. Meant to get with them sooner, but lacrosse. Everything lately has been "but lacrosse." It's over though so that frees up my Saturdays. Still undecided on what pace group to join. I was planning on the 3:20 group so I could do the long runs at a 9:20/mile pace, but should I really be stepping up when I'm in worse shape? I have been running my long runs relatively successfully at the faster pace, so we'll see.

Did a tempo run last night. Really dread those! Same route as those two runs in April and similar results. Killed myself on that third mile which lead to the wheels falling off in the final mile. Legs felt great but my cardio was killing me. Pretty painful that last mile. Effective way to spend a half hour though! I also pumped up the tires in my bike and rode it for the first time in forever tonight... felt awesome. Might take that on a ride one of these rest days.

Mile
4/9/2015
4/17/2015
6/11/2015
1.00
7:34
7:12
7:21
2.00
7:39
7:37
7:43
3.00
7:18
7:27
7:03
4.00
7:42
7:32
7:52
Total (Avg. pace)
30:13 (7:34/mi)
29:48 (7:28/mi)
29:58 (7:30/mi)

No comments:

Post a Comment