Wednesday, August 05, 2015

REALITY CHECK

Well, I've had a couple shitty weeks of training. Last week I had the shin splint and didn't run much. This last weekend I had planned on doing PMC on Saturday but the way the weekend evolved the only time I could see Brandon was Saturday morning, so I picked hanging out with him instead. I told myself I'd run on Sunday (it was over 100 on Saturday anyways). Well, needless to say, I didn't run on Sunday despite my best intentions. I just can't motivate myself to run long distances by myself.

So on Monday I ran twelve miles again, the second straight week of doing that to repent for my weekend inaction. This time I didn't get a shin splint, but the run was equally as terrible. Here it is Wednesday and I'm still super sore and limping around. It feels a lot like my "overtraining" episode earlier this year, but it doesn't make sense for it to pop up now. I was feeling like crap in general on Monday and I probably pushed my body past where I should have. It was a really awful run.

I'm hoping this doesn't turn into another deal where I have to take time off. I don't have time for that now. The fact that running 8:45s at run group Monday felt like sprinting was also a concern. After feeling pretty good about myself a few weeks ago, I'm feeling pretty screwed for these upcoming marathons. I have a twenty mile run this Saturday with PMC. I will not miss this run. If I can do this twenty mile run without much trouble, then I'll feel pretty good about where I am. Hopefully my body is just in a temporary funk.

UPDATE: Ran seven miles at group Wednesday. Felt okay. Harder than it should have been though. When I got home I stretched and did some self massage. I felt pretty good the next day, not really sore at all. Today, Friday, I feel much better. I *think* I might be out of the funk. Tomorrow's 20 mile run with PMC is going to tell me a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment