Monday, February 15, 2016

"KNEE"D TO FIGURE THIS OUT

After feeling normal post race legs in the days after Zena, I ran an easy three miles at the gym on Thursday after three full days off from running. Normally those runs don't cause issues and if anything make my legs feel better. Not the case this time. The next day my knees felt terrible and like they had been clubbed from behind. They were starting to get better but yesterday I went to the waterpark and, after contorting to lift my fat ass onto intertubes, I think I just narrowly avoided tearing my ACLs. Needless to say, today my knees do not feel good. And that sucks!

My knees haven't felt quite right for a while. It was Valentine's Day 2015 where I went on that terrible Coach Jim run that convinced me to take some time off for over-training syndrome. While I was able to come back (albeit a little slower) and run marathons last fall, my legs never really felt like they were all the way back. I had to baby them along at times and do a less ambitious training schedule. And now, after my recent struggles post double marathon, they are freaking out over a 15k and three mile jog a few days later. Ugh. I was hoping some of the gym work I have been doing would help, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Oh well. Hopefully I can feel better by Wednesday and go to the PRC run.

No comments:

Post a Comment