Monday, June 13, 2005

BEAVERS WIN SUPER REGIONAL!
Advance to College World Series for the first time since 1952.



The Beavers beat USC 10-8 this afternoon to win the third and final game of the super regional in Corvallis. They won 10-4 on Saturday, but blew a 8-3 lead yesterday in a 9-8 loss. That set up today's third game, with the winner advancing to Omaha. Oregon State lead this game 7-3 only to give up 4 runs in the sixth and be tied at 7. Kinda looked like a repeat of yesterday until they scored three more to make it 10-7 and were able to hold on. They'll play tournament #1 seed Tulane Saturday.

In other news, I started working longer today. I only stayed three hours today, mostly because I wanted to watch the baseball game, and the fact it was already nearly 3 since I got in late (sleep is good). Tomorrow I hope to get in there at 8 and stay until 1. That worked good last summer (see blog archives for desperate posts of boredom from work).

No comments:

Post a Comment