Wednesday, June 21, 2006





So I've tapped the Precision Wire Components faucet again. I talked to them a few weeks back and was assured of summer work again, so that was a relief. I'm currently working five to six hours a day, five days a good. So I'll be getting a steady source of income going which will be nice so I can golf and go out and whatnot. Oh, and of course save most of it because I am smart like that.

Right now my main job is the "Thomas Project." Yes, they have a project named after me. Jealous? You should be. Okay, well, it isn't very exciting. Data entry sorta, correcting some errors in a bunch of parts. Kinda mindless stuff. But I have my own office (okay, it is a storage closet... but it's well lit and I'm right under the a/c!) complete with computer and phone. I have people calling me a lot with random little projects (help me move this box, laminate these sheets, help me count this part number, etc) so it spices things up. The six hours actually goes by pretty quick, much quicker than in the winter or even last summer. So that tells me the work is more interesting and varied, which is a good thing.

What really makes it worthwhile is the people. I love my boss and all the people I work with (okay, maybe not a select few... but I don't dislike them... it's just that we're not... how you say.... chummy?). It was great to see everyone again and everyone is like "heeeeeeey Thomas is back!" and the typical "make up your mind!". I work a lot with this one girl from high school, so we have fun doing projects together and what not.

Overall I don't mind work all that much, my schedule is totally flexible (right now I'm going in at 10 and out of there around 4) so if I need to take a day here or there off it's completely okay. Also, I can go in earlier (say 8) so I can get out soon enough to play golf or baseball or whatever. All in all it's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment