Thursday, March 28, 2013

NEW SHOES!

My new shoes!

Well, the time has come for new shoes. I've eclipsed the 400 mile mark in my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12 shoes I won at PRC running group this summer. The same thing that happened to my previous pair of Nikes I detailed in a blog post here is starting to happen to this pair of Brooks. Not even close to as bad of deterioration as the Nike pair, but that same exact spot on the left shoe was wearing down. I was starting to run on a "mini slant" again and feel tired and sore after my runs.

Apparently while I pronate on both sides, I do it way more on the left. My left side is the one always having issues, my sore left knee last spring, my repeated calf troubles since the 15.4 mile jaunt last June, my weird left ankle problems, etc. Luckily none of these things have been major, but it does make sense that my shoes wear down a lot faster on the left shoe and it's always the outside edge that goes first.

Anyways, I just ordered two more pairs of the Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12's online from the Brooks website. I was planning on just buying another pair from PRC, but the current model is the 13 and I overheard someone at group saying you could get the 12s for cheap. I checked the Brooks website and they were indeed clearing the old model out. $72 instead of the $110 for a pair of the new model.

Well, I like the 12's, they work for me, so why not? I'm sure the 13's are fine too, but if I could get the 12's for almost $40 less, why not? The problem with this is that they were only available in limited sizes and colors. They didn't have any size 11, but they did have size 11.5. My toes have felt a little crammed at times (mostly on long runs when my feet swell probably) so I decided to just take the half size up. Shouldn't be a problem. The only colors were the blue you see above and an ugly all black version. I ended up buying two pairs of what you see above.

Those should last me about a year or so. Maybe a bit less... this last pair lasted just over six months but I wasn't training for a marathon like I will be this summer. Anyways, two pairs for $144 instead of $220. Score!

*EDIT* These literally got here the next day. For someone used to "Free Super Saver Shipping" this was quite the shock. Shipping was free on orders over $75, so total score!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I have the Adrenaline 12's in the ugly all-black version. I was so fucking sick of the blue ones (the only color that was ever available in my size), so I got the black just for a change. I now have 13's, and I really wish I could still buy the 12's. Whatever they did to the new model just isn't working as well for me. I must have a common foot size, because they never have it in stock for the clearanced ones. Good deal for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah the clearance items can be slim pickins so I was lucky to have something close to my size. I overheard some people saying the 13s weren't as good as the 12s (one source was probably you!) which convinced me to snap up some 12s while I could.

    ReplyDelete