Saturday, June 22, 2013

I RAN 18 MILES TODAY

Today's log of eighteen miles. Whew!
So I ran 18 miles today. It was my new longest run. I wish I could say I was more excited or something, but maybe marathon training has jaded me. I'm proud of the accomplishment, but it is just a step along the path to the full marathon. That, coupled with the fact I did the same old route, didn't lead to any euphoric feelings at the end of today's run.

If anything, I was in pain. I would say it was slightly worse than what I felt at the end of last week. Which makes sense. I gotta say I was feeling pretty decent at mile 16 today, so maybe that is a sign of progress. Not long after that though my body wanted very much to be done. I went two miles farther than I ever have gone before, so that was to be expected. I ran it in just under three hours... that is a super long time. Definitely took it a little slower today with the heat (into the high 70s) and the fact I'd be going so far.

I'm going on a trip to Sunriver next weekend with some running friends but thankfully it is a "rest" weekend for me. I'm not participating in any of the PacCrest events that are happening but plan to run 12 miles to keep my training plan up. A friend who is going already agreed to run it with me, so woot! That whole weekend should be fun, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment