Thursday, June 20, 2013

I'M NOT VERY SMART


So I have been operating under the impression for the last three months that I signed up for the Foot Traffic Flat Half Marathon on July 4th. Turns out I never signed up. I could have sworn I did! I think I started to sign up but must have got distracted or something.

Anyways, recently I was browsing the website, looking at the course in anticipation, when I double checked the registration list just to make sure. Couldn't find myself on there. Logged onto my credit card and didn't see a charge for it. Scanned my email... no confirmation. Shit! I even convinced someone at my running group to sign up saying "I'll be there, we can pace each other!" Son of a bee's wax!

Basically it is a huge race and by the time I realized it, the race had sold out (literally, less than 24 hours before I realized it and tried to correct the mistake). So anyways, that dream is down the pipe. And it sucks because not only was I saving myself up for the flat, easier course, but tons of my friends were going to be there. Literally, like over half of the people I know at running group will be there. Gah!

After I got over the fact of my fuck up, I decided I needed to do a half marathon that weekend regardless. Enter the Stars and Stripes Marathon & Half Marathon. It's actually put on by a member in my run group who does these cheaper, smaller races. I think it's going to be fun! I should be just as flat, and while the course is a 3.28 mile loop, you only have to run it four times to hit a half marathon, so it shouldn't be too repetitive. I really think I can fly on this one and am looking forward to it. So while missing Foot Traffic will suck, I think this will be fun too!

Aside from that, not much new. My marathon training is going great and I haven't missed a single run so far in 9 weeks. That's pretty good. I'll probably do a post about my training sometime soon. I have 18 miles on the calendar this weekend after my three 16 mile runs. That is going to be a slog but I know I can do it. Wish I could say I was looking forward to it, but I'm not. Oh well. Whenever I feel like not doing something I just have to remind it's all for the Portland Marathon in October and how awesome it will feel to cross that finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment