Saturday, June 15, 2013

PHOTOCHOP SKILLS AND SIXTEEN MILES


My work with Paint Shop Pro and Microsoft Paint.
Remember how I said I really liked that one picture but wished it were framed better? Well, I decided to do something about it. Using that picture and another picture of a different runner near the same location, I was able to work a little magic to get that picture I wish was taken.

I used the background from my picture to botch out the guy in his photo, then cut myself from one photo in a very painstaking process (or else it will look bad) and pasted myself into the new photo. Positioned myself where I wanted to be, did a little thing or two to make myself blend and TADA! Honestly, I think it looks really good. It's not high def or anything, but honestly if you didn't know I don't think you could tell.

That aside, nothing special this week. Just some normal weekday runs. Felt a little bit more sore from the half marathon I expected, but that's what I get for charging hard at a hilly course. I did sixteen miles today, and I gotta admit, it still sucks! I did this run 15/sec a mile faster than last time, so I guess I was better in that respect. I don't think my muscles really felt any better than last time though... maybe just a little. I was still very achy and sore when done. That is my third time doing 16. Come on body!

Today's splits on my sixteen mile run. Much faster than last time (very consistent too!).

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm super impressed with how good you did on those pictures! I still can't see that they are two pictures combined, even after reading what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks at how even those splits are!

    ReplyDelete