Wednesday, November 11, 2015

WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY, WEEK ONE

I've got the fat feet of a 300 lb guy.
First of all, I stumbled across this interesting piece about why weighing yourself on Wednesday is actually the best. And here I liked it just because of the alliteration.

Man, a lot of memories this week. Takes me back to 2011. The first few days I was starving and even ate 2,000ish calories because I exercised each day. It's funny though once you are determined to lose weight how you are sort of able to just ignore it. By day three I wasn't hungry all the time but definitely very hungry leading up to each meal. I think my body has adjusted a little, and I'm still hungrier than normal, but it feels just like 2011 so I guess that's a good thing.

Pleased when I stepped on the scale this morning and saw a two pound loss. I'm hoping to average 1.5 pounds a week, so that is a good start. If you look back on my 2011 chart, once I got in the weekly weigh in groove I was averaging just slightly over 1.5 pounds a week. I know it'll fluctuate a little, so even if I have another good week and I only lose 1 pound, I'm still on track.

If I lose 1.5 pounds each week I'll be at goal on December 23rd. Perfect timing to pig out on Christmas! ;) There will be a couple challenges in there... one, obviously, is Thanksgiving. I'll just make that a high calorie day and make sure to go on a run in the morning to jump start my metabolism. Shouldn't be too much of an issue. Then comes all the Christmas treats, cookies, popcorn, eggnog, etc. I shouldn't have any in my house, which is good, so I'll just have to worry about those at work. I'm very good about tracking (MyFitnessPal this time instead of a Excel spreadsheet) so if I do have any I'll just have to be honest and work them into my day.

The great thing about losing weight is that it is just a simple math problem. Calories in versus calories out. Really simple. There is no way to cheat or game the system if you are counting calories as long as you are honest about what you eat.

Last Week: 176.0 lbs
This Week: 174.0 lbs
Weekly Loss: -2.0 lbs
Total Loss: -2.0 lbs
Pounds from Goal: 9.0 lbs

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:38 AM

    Good job on the weight loss. Go Thomas. From random anonymous internet person...

    ReplyDelete