Monday, November 02, 2015

BACK TO IT

Me during my time off.
Well, I had a great two weeks off. I told myself after the Detroit Marathon I'd let my body fully heal and I think I have done so. Hopefully I didn't lose too much fitness during these two weeks off. It seemed like the two weeks earlier this year really set me back, but then again, I wasn't coming off two marathons at the time. I should be fine. The first run or two back will probably suck but I should be able to get back into it fairly easily.

The Hot Buttered Run Half Marathon coming up Thanksgiving weekend should keep me motivated to keep training for the next month. I'll start to work in long runs again, probably 10 and 12 miles, to keep me ready for the half distance. With my next marathon likely being Portland next fall, I can ratchet down my long runs to the 10 and 12 mile variety. Those are really my favorites... enough to feel like you really accomplished something but not so long you start to hate them.

After the Hot Buttered Run, my next race will likely be the Zena Road Runs 15k in early February. Other races on the schedule include the Corvallis Half Marathon and the Shamrock Run 15k. Probably some other ones in there too. I'll be more than content running these shorter races until the Portland Marathon next year. Seeing a bunch of stuff from the NYC Marathon yesterday made me want to run that... one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment