Thursday, May 12, 2005

Well, it took nearly six hours but I built my computer. It was way over my head... hopefully if I ever try that again I know what I'm doing. A big headache that caused about two hours of confusion was the fact a bad IDE cord was included with my motherboard. Once I transplanted an old IDE cord from my 1994 computer, everything started to work. So whatever Asus.

Right now I'm not enjoying myself because I'm just trying to get everything set up. Download Firefox, download MSN Messenger, AIM, blah blah blah. The Flash server is down right now so I don't even have the flash plugin. Things like Paint Shop Pro... Painter 8... all gone.

Furthermore MCE isn't impressive so far. The TV won't work and it won't play videos properly. I thought maybe because of codecs or something, but the videos play fine in the normal media player. I plugged in my antenna and told MCE that I was using an antenna.... it can't find the signal or anything. I have the latest drivers and my TV Tuner card is installed properly.

I'm currently downloading the latest drivers for my video card. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but it's worth a shot. So far I have just been using the "Plug-in-Play" drivers from Microsoft, but it recognized the card and set it up for it. So I dunno. I should have gotten a Mac it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment