Sunday, May 22, 2005

Well, something interesting happened tonight. I was going about on my merry way, when all of a sudden Kevin mentions waffles. "Who invented waffles?" he asked. I don't know; and frankly I don't care. Little did he know, that one phrase got me a hankerin' for some good ol' fashioned waffles.

I go downstairs at about ten (at night.. fifty minutes ago) to look for the waffle mix. We don't have any; blast. I'm craving waffles now, I can't live without them. Must.... have.... waffles. So finally I decide I'm going to make them from scratch. I get out our cookbook (circa 1960) and look up waffles. It has something in it we don't have. D'oh. Oh well, some good ol' flapjacks will do. We have everything! Wohoo! So I start mixing the batter from scratch, and before you know it, I'm done.

The results:


(Click to enlarge)


Anyways, it was completely worth it and they turned out REALLY good. The instructions called for one beaten egg... I has making a "half-batch" so I just wasn't going to waste the other half of the egg. I put it all in and it made it extra fluffy and delicious. Yummmm. Anyways it was completely worth it and it stopped that craving. Thanks Kevin. >:(

No comments:

Post a Comment