Friday, November 25, 2005

So yesterday was Thanksgiving (incase you didn't know). I forgot to bring my camera from Corvallis so unfortunately I don't have any pictures. My dad will develop the pictures he took in about 2009 so it might be a while for those. The only hope really is if my Aunt figures out how to put the pictures she took with her phone onto the computer. Then you might get some. Oh well, I shall try to describe it to the best of my abilities.

Anyways so I woke up around 1:00 feeling refreshed after my eleven hours of sleep. What seems to be happening is on the weekdays I get like six hours of sleep, but weekends I make up for the lost sleep by sleeping at least ten. So yeah, I guess it all kind of evens out. I took a shower, got my clothes on, and watched a little football. Before you know it, everyone arrived.

First my mom came with her mom (aka Grandma), then just about five minutes later my Aunt Lena rolled up with MoeMoe and my sister Adrienne. Hmm what happened next? After saying hello and everything I think I started smack-talking the Blazers with my aunt. Well, not all the Blazers really, just the dumbass Ruben Patterson. We both like the current team, they have a lot of young talent and should be good maybe next year, or in a couple of years. Martel Webster looks like the real deal, hopefully Nate will play him more.

Soon, the food came. It was good, what else can I say? Then dessert came, which was interesting. My mom, in typical mom fashion, spaced putting the sugar into the pumpkin pie. So I am sitting there eating it thinking, "something is different about this pie. I can't put my finger on it... but it tastes weird." It was still edible by all means, it just wasn't your traditional pumpkin pie. Then somehow we came to the conclusion that my mom forgot the sugar, and then she was like "oh yeah, I did forget."

What else? Time seemed to be going really slow, I remember that. We were talking, but in typical Graf fashion nobody was really listening to one another. A lot of disjointed chatter, with my dad picking up one word from someone else's conversation and going, "Umbrella? Who?". MoeMoe was looking annoyed, mostly because I think she wasn't the center of attention. I just wanted to lay down and take a nap, but I didn't.

After a while, it was decided everyone should get going, and BAM they were gone. Another Thanksgiving done, the 19th of my life. I have much fonder memories of Thanksgivings of yore, like when I was 9 or 10. Everything seemed so much cooler back then (see tomorrows'(or Sunday, or Monday's) post).

All in all it was good to see both my grandmas, my aunt, and my sister. Hopefully I'll get to see them some more when I have four weeks after after finals week in early December. Kill me.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:53 PM

    Let me tell you something Thomas--everything is cooler when you are younger. I am not sure if it is faulty memorey or expectations are so much lower.
    MoeMoe asked me on the way home who was that man who drove us over to riiicccciii's house, and why did he not stay for diiinnnnner. See getting older is a fucking drag!!!!! Not to say I am not enjoying it but..... It was good seeing you. Love Lena

    ReplyDelete