Friday, July 20, 2012

FINAL UPDATE BEFORE THE HALF!

Last night I ran a fast 5k to work on my speed and not put a lot of miles on my legs. Unfortunately I fucked up tracking the run when I was putting my phone into my Shadow Pak. I could tell I accidentially turned the phone back on when I was shoving it in there, so I was hoping the "Pause" button didn't get brushed. Of course, it was. Normally I would have made sure, but I was already almost sprinting for this run and it would have disrupted the good time I was shooting for.

What was that time? Who knows! I started the run at 7:55pm and ended at 8:18pm. So that's 23ish minutes. But in reality it could have been as short at 22:01 or as long as 23:59. I plugged it in my log at 23:40 even though I KNOW I ran faster. Pretty sure it would have been a record fast run, but oh well. The point was I felt great and really pounded it out. I was definitely tired on the uphills but I tried to press myself as much as I could. I also pushed the downhills, so I wasn't quite getting the "break" on those that I like.

For the run Sunday I'll need to leave at 4:30am. I need to remember to band aid my nipples and grab my Gu. I am not going to listen to any music or anything so really not a ton to remember. We will be going to the Umpqua River after, so I will need a change of clothes and also my swim suit.

Other than that, Brandon is having his first official soccer games today. He is on the Westside Timbers U10 "Gold" team, which is the best, and they barely got him registered on time. But he's in! So I am really excited for him because he loves soccer and this is top level stuff!

1 comment: